Enter your email address to receive free updates:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow us:
facebook twitter gplus pinterest rss

Friday, January 22, 2016

Toddler School - Week 7 - Blue

I am SO amazed with Baby Jay! Most everyone thinks their babies are the smartest and most special babies in the world. (I am no exception!) I'm going to brag on her for just a minute. While thinking about themes for Toddler School, I decided it would be good to start spending time on each color. Toddler School Week 4 was about introducing colors. You can read that post here. The first color I chose to go more in depth with was blue. Baby Jay began to recognize and name it after only one day!!!


Toddler School - Learning the color blue




We started with Play Dough. What little one doesn't just LOVE Play Dough? 


Teaching the color blue with play dough
Teaching the color blue with Play Dough

Teaching the color blue with Play Dough
Do you want to build a snowman?


I made our first Toddler Tray. It was a Blue Toddler Tray. (The tray part is actually her high chair tray.) I started by grabbing some of her blue toys and putting them in her blue shape sorter without the lid. 


Teaching the color blue with toys
"Drinking" from her little stacking cup


The next time Baby Jay played with the Blue Toddler Tray, I gave her blue items from the kitchen. She put some of her food in the cups and transferred them from one measuring cup to the other. This activity actually held her attention for 10 to 15 minutes! Success!


Teaching the color blue with kitchen items
Teaching the color blue with kitchen items



Teaching the color blue with kitchen items
Teaching the color blue with kitchen items

I found a great recipe for Edible Finger Paint at Momtastic DIY. I thought this would be such a fun way to work with the color blue. It truly was! Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner I cut a paper heart for her to paint on. She painted for at least an hour! Jay painted with her, of course. Who can resist finger paint? I was right to make edible paint because Baby Jay ate her fair share of it. 

Learning blue with edible paint
Working on her Masterpiece



Learning blue with edible paint
The Masterpiece is complete!



The recipe I'm going to try next week is at A Kreative Whim for Edible Yogurt Paint. I will let you know how that goes! I would love to hear your ideas on other ways to teach color.



This post is linked up to The Homeschool Nook Link Up Party , Tot School Gathering Place Week 158, Learning Kid Link Up #28Preschool and Kindergarten Community Weekly Link Up, and Everything Early Childhood Week 37.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...