Enter your email address to receive free updates:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow us:
facebook twitter gplus pinterest rss

Friday, January 29, 2016

Library Story Time - The Mitten

I work part-time at our local Library as a Children's Librarian. One of my most favorite responsibilities is our weekly Story Time. Each week we have a different theme. We try to base our books, craft, and snacks on the theme. Some times it's easier than others.


This week's theme was based on the book The Mitten by Jan Brett.




The Mitten book



For our craft, the kids were able to make their own mittens and animals to go inside them.



The Mitten Craft
The Mitten Craft



At A Teacher Without a Class, I found printable mittens and animals. I reversed the mitten to print one of each side so that they could glue them together. They left the bottom open so that the animals could go inside the mitten.


Free Mitten Printable
Mitten Printable



The Mitten Animals Free Printable
The Mitten Animals Printable



After reading the book to the kids, with my own mitten and animals, I sang the song below putting each animal inside the mitten when it was their turn in the song. The Story Time kids LOVED it!



So to accompany the book: The Mitten ~ sung to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell":
The Mitten Song





Jay and I are going to do some follow up activities that I found at Home School Encouragement. The activity that I think she will love the most is making a stuffie out of an old glove.

I welcome your comments and suggestions!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...