Enter your email address to receive free updates:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow us:
facebook twitter gplus pinterest rss

Thursday, April 2, 2015

20 Springtime Activities for Families

It's Spring! The weather has been so beautiful here! The family and I have spent as much time outside as possible. It's mostly been for work, though. Lots to do on the homestead. We had to clean up all the junk that manages to accumulate throughout the winter. I blame my guys (blacksmith projects) and the dogs! (Why do they bring other peoples' trash home?) We've been working on building the new rabbit cages, too. The chicks left the brooder, but were not big enough to add to the big coop. I had to build a cage for them along side the big coop runner so that the hens will have a chance to get used to them. With all that said....I'm ready to be outside for fun!

Here is a list of fun activities that I think my family (and yours) will enjoy.

20 Springtime Activities for Families




1) Sand and Water Table - this will be for Jay and Baby Jay. I plan to use storage bins with lids on the picnic table for this. I'm trying to cut down on the amount of sand that makes it into my house. Wish me luck!

2) A Picnic at the Park - Jay is SO looking forward to this!

3) Make Your Own Bubbles
 
4) Make Your Own Sidewalk Chalk   - Can't wait to try # 3 and 4!

5) Play Ball

6) Nature Hikes

7) Pick Flowers - The girls have picked some beautiful Buttercup Bouquets for my window sill.

8) Paint Flower Pots - I bought the clay ones from the Dollar General and let the kids design and paint them a couple of years ago. We will do this again soon.

9) Fly a Kite - We had enough wind for this one today, but we also had thunderstorms.

10) Bike Rides - Jay got a bike for her birthday that she loves to ride in the yard.

11) Plant Flowers

12) Plant a Vegetable Garden - You're right! This is really just me getting help under the guise of fun. What they don't know won't hurt them, right?

13) Plant a Herb Garden - I've never done this before and am interested in how it turns out.

14) Hot Dog Roast - Who doesn't love a Hot Dog charred over an open flame?

15) Bird Watching - Our Milk Jug Bird Feeders are perfect for this!

16) Camping - This won't be as easy with a 1 year old, but we can make it work.

17) Fishing - The guys caught 7 Trout the other day - good eats!

18) 4 Leaf Clover Hunting - Kat has already found 4! I have never been able to find them. How do people do it?

19) Make Your Own PVC Pipe Sprinkler or Bottle Sprinker - It's not warm enough for the pool, of course, but Jay is ready to get into some water!

20) Water Gun Fight - Again....water!

I'm looking forward to enjoying this season with my family. If you have any other activity ideas that would be fun for Spring, add them to the comments below.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...